BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
Black smoke comes out of the exhaust pipe car does not run ok
1989 VOLVO 780
My car does not accelarate properly, and when I press the gas black smoke comes out of the exhust pipe.
have the same problem?
Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 9:22 AM
Its running too rich could be caused by one of the following:
1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.
Sunday, November 20th, 2011 AT 4:40 PM
Hell this is nabil. Can you please tell me how the coolant temp sensor is calibrated on this volvo since it maight be the issue this problem accured after I replaced the water pump.
Monday, November 21st, 2011 AT 4:34 PM
Check the sensor's resistances Hot and Cold if its not within specs-replace it
Monday, November 21st, 2011 AT 6:27 PM
to post a reply.
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.