DEAR SIRS

1989 Volvo 440

Dennis Westermann

February, 13, 2012 AT 9:46 PM

Hi, I Have a volvo 440gl, from 1989, with a 1.7 Liter engine. Engine code. B18F. The car won`t start. The fuelpump are not priming the engine, in the 3 secunds, as it should. When I turn the kee to start position, the starter is turning. There is also spark on the sparkplugs. The fuelpump is new, and I have also change the fuelpumprelai, and the main relais in the fusebox. When I connecting a wire betwine 30 and 87 on the fuelpumprealiswitch, the fuelpump are pumping normaly. Its like the ECU doesent get any electriciti, because I think that the ECU should give a message to the fuelpump to start. Maybe its the ignition switch. I have tjeckt all the cabels, and I can`t see any leaking. I have also cleant all the earths wires without any result. What can it be?

Thanks and

Many kind reguards Dennis

rivermikerat

February, 13, 2012 AT 9:51 PM

We don't have any information on your car because it was not available in the U.S.

Check continuity on the wire to pin 87. Also check continuity from switched power to pin 85. If you have spark, the ECU has power. The problem is the fuel pump relay not being switched.

February, 16, 2012 AT 6:26 AM

Do you have power on the injector wiring harness and are the wires colored orange?

February, 16, 2012 AT 6:27 AM

Also how many fuel pumps do you have?

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement