DASH LIGHTS ON

1989 Toyota Van

the-dawg

February, 22, 2014 AT 8:18 PM

The Emerg. Brake light, radiator, and battery charge light stay on even with nothing wrong. I checked everything and nothings wrong. Any help please!

caradiodoc

February, 22, 2014 AT 9:21 PM

I need more than "checked everything" to work with. Give me some test results to analyze. What did you test and what did you find? What do you have for battery voltage with the engine running?

the-dawg

March, 10, 2014 AT 4:52 PM

I checked the radiator fluid level. I also replaced the alternator because it was not charging. For the brake light I checked the brake fluid reservoir and its fine. Im getting 14.13 volts when the van is running.

caradiodoc

March, 11, 2014 AT 2:52 PM

14.13 volts is perfect, ... Right between 13.75 and 14.75 volts, but that's just the first part of the test. Next you'll need a professional load tester to test the output current. If your generator has a defective diode, you will only be able to get exactly one third of the rated current, and "ripple" voltage will be very high. 30 amps from the common 90 amp generator isn't enough to run the entire electrical system under all conditions. That can be enough to turn on the warning light.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement