CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DOESN'T FLASH?

• sledboy2k
  • 1989 Suzuki Sidekick

My check engine light is on and I tried to jumper the diagnostic connection to retrieve the codes but the check engine light doesnt flash? I got this suzuki sidekick from a friend and it runs great except if you come up to a stop sign, it will just shut off. You can start and go again. I noticed the check engine light was on and I jumpered the diagnostic port (with a fuse) and the check engine light doesn't flash any codes.

The AC unit has been taken complety out of the car and I assume that its just been unplugged. Would that have anything to do with the check engine light on this vehicle and why wont it flash a code. Any suggestions. I'm going to replace all the vacuum lines to see if that helps the stall. Thanks

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 3:33 PM

• Docfixit

On throttle body find Idle Speed Control solenoid see diagram. Idle engine turn on headlights and heater fan and any othe device does idle go up or stablize? If dies then test ISC with OHM meter 5-6 ohms if not replace

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 3:49 PM
  • Docfixit

Opps

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 4:17 PM
  • sledboy2k

I finally got around to checking the idle speed control valve. I don't notice a drop in idle when under load. I checked the ohms and its right at 6.0ohms. I havent found any vacuum line holes yet either.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:09 PM
  • Docfixit

Have you taken off and cleaned passageways and iSC?

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 4:42 PM
  • sledboy2k

Do you have the vacuum diagram for this vehicle. I have not had much time to work on it and I have forgotten which line goes where. I don't have one under my hood. Thanks

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 AT 11:56 PM
  • Docfixit

Maybe a bit small

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 8:49 PM