MERCEDES FUEL LINE BLEED

1989 Mercedes Benz 260e

Dirtbikerdude

How do I bleed the air out of the fuel line after I drained the fuel tank and line completely to replace the fuel filter?

Dr. Hagerty

Start the engine, that will push the air out. The need to "bleed" the air out does not exist for fuel lines, you might be thinking of a hydraulic system that does not recirculate, fuel in a fuel injected engine is always moving and there is no need to bleed the air out, just start the car and the air will get worked out on it's own.

Dirtbikerdude

January, 13, 2011 AT 3:29 AM

Thank you very much for the information about bleeding the fuel line. I did just find that the fuel pressure regulator has a vent tube that normally connects into the breather diaphragm, but this one is broken. Will that prevent the pressure regulator from building the proper pressure, or is it connected to the breather so it will have clean air going to the fuel pressure regulator? If it is critical to proper pressure, can only the tube be replaced, or does the entire pressure regulator need to be replaced?

Dr. Hagerty

January, 13, 2011 AT 3:51 AM

To be on the safe side, you might want to replace the regulator.

Dirtbikerdude

Thank you very much for your help.

Dr. Hagerty

UR welcome

Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Change