I CANT GET FIRE!

1989 Jeep Comanche

Freddie M

October, 15, 2011 AT 5:11 PM

I have a 1989 Comanche 2WD Standard Transmission Truck. It just quit running and I got it home and started troubleshooting it. So far, I have replaced relays, distributor, ECM, CPS, and dist cap. I checked coil, and wiring. I can NOT get fire to the plugs, it cranks over fine, checked timing, all is good. But no matter what it will not start and I have no fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have fuel pressure and everything!

Jacobandnickolas

October, 15, 2011 AT 5:49 PM

Have you checked the wiring to the crank sensor?

Freddie M

October, 15, 2011 AT 7:05 PM

There is two wires, red and white, both had 4.43 VDC so I am not sure what they should be?

Freddie M

October, 15, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

Ok testing the coil, I have no spark from coil. Checked the coil from + terminal to negative terminal and I get 00.5 ohms using a fluke meter. I took it to autozone and they said it was fine. I checked voltage on the wires and it shows 11.25 VDC when I turn the key on.

October, 15, 2011 AT 8:34 PM

IF YOU HAVE A 4.0, CALL THE PART STORE(s), SEE IF THEY CAN TEST YOUR IGN MODULE

AFTER THIS, TESTING THE DISTRIBUTOR'S PICK-UP WOULD BE NEXT

AT AUTOZONE, I SHOW A NEW ONE TO BE $108, SO LETS CHECK IF WE CAN. BEFORE WE BUY

I'M NOT TOO MUCH HELP ABOVE '86

SO FAR WITH POWER WHERE YOU SAY IT IS, THIS WOULD BE MY NEXT CHECK

TEST IT 5-8 TIMES TO WARM IT UP

IF A NEW ONE IS NEEDED. DO IT THE SAME WAY BEFORE THEIR DOOR HITS YOU IN THE BUTT. DON'T EVEN ASK ME WHY, I'M LIABLE TO HAVE THAT FLASHBACK AGAIN!

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right