I THINK THAT I BLEW A FUSE

1989 Jaguar XJS

White 41

December, 13, 2011 AT 6:27 AM

Interior lights won't work. The where working fine until I tried to test the number 1 switch above the stereo off to the right of the clock. Checked all three fuse areas and all are good. Is their another fuse for interior lights. An in line fuse that I haven't found yet. Please help. All interior lights that operate normally when door is opened are not working now.

Stereo Fuse

1 ANSWER

Radio Fuse

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

rivermikerat

December, 13, 2011 AT 6:37 AM

Our reference material doesn't have a wiring diagram for the interior lights on your car. If all fuses in the panels are good, use a meter or continuity tester to check the bulbs. I can't think of how, except to say "It's a Jaguar" but it sounds like whatever button you pushed caused all of the lights to short out. There may be a common ground for everything that may have shorted.

White 41

December, 13, 2011 AT 7:07 AM

Is there a relay for interior lights?

rivermikerat

December, 13, 2011 AT 7:25 AM

There is a module to test the interior bulbs, but I don't see a relay for them. I have attached the tables from our reference materials

December, 13, 2011 AT 7:26 AM

I WAS ALREADY IN MIT I, AND I NEED THE PRACTICE

FOUND THIS DIAGRAM, AMONG MANY OTHERS

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE MULTIPLE FUSE BLOCK LOCATIONS (IF I AM SEEIN' THIS RIGHT)

TWO ARE UNDER THE HOOD---ONE IS THE "MAIN" (GUESSING INSIDE)---AUXILIARY, I DO NOT SEE IT'S LOCATION

IF YOU CANNOT SEE THIS CLEAR ENOUGH, LET ME KNOW, I CAN MAYBE HELP OUT IN THAT DEPT. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS WILL LOOK ON 2CAR UNTIL I POST IT

LOOKS LIKE YOUR AUXILIARY FUSE BLOCK (SOMEWHERE) CONTAINS ONLY 6 FUSES

ON THE DIAGRAM, NEAR THE BOTTOM AT GRID 14--E

THE FUSE YOU MAY BE AFTER IS "#1" AND IT LOOKS TO BE A "5 AMP"----IN THE AUX FUSE BLOCK

IMMA JEEP CJ KINDA GUY, YOUR RIG IS UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY.I HAVE POURED OVER THE DIAGRAM FOR A LOCATION, GENERALLY IT'S PRINTED RIGHT BESIDE THE COMPONENT ON THE DIAGRAM (LIKE THE 2 UNDER THE HOOD, AT THE TOP).I JUST DON'T SEE IT. MAYBE WITH YOU BEING MORE FAMILIAR WITH YOUR RIG, YOU WILL FIND IT EZily

KEEP US INFORMED, LET ME KNOW IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE DIAGRAM CLEAR ENOUGH

White 41

December, 13, 2011 AT 7:03 PM

Yes Sir. Thanks so much! Their are two cluster of fuses on the passenger side fuse bank. One is exposed and the other is covered. The faulty fuse was under the covered fuse bank. Problem solved!

White 41

December, 13, 2011 AT 7:09 PM

"were" earlier type error ') I love this form. The information is "on target" and a great help!

rivermikerat

December, 13, 2011 AT 7:25 PM

Glad to be of assistance. Happy Holidays.

December, 13, 2011 AT 8:58 PM

GOOD DEAL!

'MON BACK AND SEE US!

WITH YER BUDDY'S CAR

NO NEED TO TEAR YOURS UP, JUST TO SEE US!

NOT A "TYPE-O" IN MY REGION--JUST NORMAL TALK

White 41

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

: ))) I love my Jaguar xjs v12! Thanks for all the support.

rivermikerat

December, 13, 2011 AT 10:57 PM

Our pleasure.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon