HOW DO I STOP MY SHOULDER SEAT BELT FROM RUNNING.

• Leerollins
  • 1989 Jaguar XJ6

My shoulder seat belt cable popped out and it is continuing to try and go up and down even when the the car is not on killing my battery. I lost my owners manual and cant find the fuse so that I could pull the fuse to stop it from running. Can you tell me where the fuse is or how to stop the seat belt mechanism from running?

Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

• Wrenchtech

You're just going to have to repair it. You can't just disable all the seat belts. You can disassemble that particular belt track and unplug the wires once you have it stopped in the driving position so you can unbuckle the belt to get out.

Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 AT 10:36 PM
  • Leerollins

Thank you but I just kept trying fuses til I found it. Pulled fuse it stopped runnig

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 1:50 AM
  • Wrenchtech

You may find that fuse powered more than just that belt retractor. I can't advise you on disabling safety equipment. My advice is to have it repaired ASAP.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 1:55 AM
  • Leerollins

Thank you I will be taking it in tomorrow.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 2:01 AM