I AM REBUILDING AN 89 MUSTANG 5

• lenorth
  • 1989 Ford Mustang

I am rebuilding an '89 mustang 5.0L v8. I need to know what to torque the bolts that connect the sub frame to the fame to. Thanks

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 AT 11:08 PM

• hmac300

Says crossmember to frame bolts are 35-50 ft lbs. Doens't sound righ to me though. Can't seem to find anything on ford site eitehr but sending what I have.

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 AT 11:39 PM
  • lenorth

Where did you find this chart? Also the left column appears to be lb.-Ft., What is the number in the right column?

BTW your reply never did go to my email. I checked all possible folders, including trash.

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 AT 6:07 PM
  • hmac300

The right column is Nm newton meters or metric measurements. A replya from the site will never go to your email only something saying you have a message. We do not send answers to email we always use the site. Because our anwsers are tracked as to how manyw e answer. That sheet was pulledoff the ford site so those are the only ones there are. Here is one I found in transmission area an dthat may help you more. See pic.

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 AT 7:18 PM
  • lenorth

I couldn't find anything on the ford site, so thanks for digging those up. I also have All Data, and could find nothing there.

What I was trying to say is that nothing appeared in my email from 2carpros. Com. No notification of any kind. And yes, I entered my email addy correctly. Doesn't matter to me, but I thought you should know.

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 AT 5:41 PM
  • lenorth

I see that the notifications appeared in my mail box late yesterday. All dated yesterday the 21st. FYI

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 AT 5:48 PM