DRIVERS SIDE BRAKE LIGHT AND TURN SIGNAL NOT ...

1989 Ford Bronco

randallrenshler

Drivers side brake light and turn signal not working, all other lights work, new bulbs have been installed

Did you check voltage and ground at the bulb socket. Is the bulb making good contact? Might be an issues with turn switch? With some makes and models, the lower brake lites are wired through the turn signal switch. I haven't looked at your wiring, yet.

I read your post, again. If the brake lite works on one side but not the other. Press on the bulb for none working brake lite, does it lite? Then check voltage and ground at the bulb socket, if it doesn't lite.

As far as turn signals, does the hazzard flasher work, all around the vehicle? Check turn flasher for turn signals before suspecting the multifunction switch.

Sometimes I just get in a hurry trying to answer questions, my fault. I just need to slow down.

randallrenshler

Hazzards work on all other lights but driver side rear

Can you check for voltage and ground at the bulb socket? Use a testlite.

randallrenshler

I did, the only one that works is the tail/reverse light, but the turn signal came on for about 40 seconds and then quit again, hasnt came back on since then though? Dont know I did to make that happen either?

Are you ok with wiring diagrams. You can see the wire colors, check for voltage. At the directional switch, the lite green wire with orange tracer is voltage for turn. Get under the dash, find the wire harness coming from steering column. Key on, left turn on, check for voltage at the wire color already mentioned. Let us know.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX