MY TRUCK SHAKES THE BODY BAD WHEN I PUT IT GEAR

1989 Dodge Ramcharger

Anonymous

December, 6, 2012 AT 3:06 AM

My truck shakes the body bad when I put it gear. I put so many new parts on it so far I have about 600.00 dollars in it now what could it be?

caradiodoc

December, 6, 2012 AT 3:29 AM

How are you diagnosing it? If you're just throwing random parts at it, you've figured out that's the most expensive and least effective way to find the cause of the problem. You're missing spark, fuel, or compression. Have you done a compression test? Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes? Have you done a cylinder power balance test? What about a tune-up? When you have an engine problem, please list the engine size.

December, 6, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

CHECK ENGINE AND TRANNY MOUNTS

I'VE SEEN 'EM TORN/ MISSING NUTS OR BOLTS ALLOWING IT TO BUCK

HAVE A PAL HELP YOU ---PUT IT IN GEAR---W/ THE BRAKES ON---OBSERVE FROM A DISTANCE WHAT MIGHT BE "LOOSE"----MIGHT TRY FORWARD TO REVERSE A FEW TIMES TO SEE WHAT JUMPS

EVEN HOLD THE BRAKE AND GIVE IT A LITTLE GAS

NO GO-EY UNDER WHILE YOUR PAL IS PLAYING WITH THE SHIFTER----DON'T WANNA GET SQUASHED BY THE WHEELS

YOU MAY BE ABLE TO LAY DOWN BESIDE THE THE TRUCK AND LOOK WITH A FLASHLIGHT TO SEE THE TRANNY STUFF

UNDER THE HOOD MAY BE A LOT EZier TO SEE---FROM THE SIDE---NOT THE FRONT!

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement