I HAVE LIQUID GAS INSIDE OF MY AIRFILTER

1989 Chevrolet Corvette

joshuafender755

November, 21, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

I have liquid gas inside of my airfilter. It seems to be coming from throttle body to the mass air flow sensor to the air filter. When you get it started it blows a lot of white smoke and smells of gas. Need help. There is no water in the oil and the raiditor is full, fuel pump works this seems to be a major problem

hmac300

November, 21, 2012 AT 6:09 PM

It's probably a mix of gas/oil form engine as it is taken in from valve cover into engine an dburnt. If it was flooded or something like that. Just wipe it out and see if it continues if it does then check your pcv system.

joshuafender755

November, 21, 2012 AT 6:22 PM

The system was not flooded. This happens when the car tries to start. When I disconnect the breather that connects to the air filter there is a lot of raw gas there, so much that it drains out when I point it towards the ground. This is not a little vapor or mist it is raw liquid gas.

hmac300

November, 21, 2012 AT 8:06 PM

Is this carbed or fi? Because fi has no fuel only by the injectors, not the air filter. If it is carbe it may have the float level set to high and doing this for one thing. It shold be tuned port injection. If it is carbed then check the float level for correct height, if that is ok check float for sinking in carb and allowingfuel tp do this.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma