I HAVE A BOSE RADIOCASSETTE SYSYTEM FACTORY AND ...

1989 Chevrolet Corvette

edwardrizk

February, 18, 2013 AT 12:01 AM

I have a BOSE radio/cassette sysytem (factory) and getting terrible alternator noise when radio is on. I understand this to be a coomon issue with the Bose systems and in C4's. Chevy used to make a filter harness (part # 122485) that has been discontinued and I am unable to get anything else to silence it. Has radio and amplifiers checked and they are working fine. Does anyone know how to deal with this. I also understand that Chevy actually prepared a step by step manual for this but I cannot locate one. Any help, PLEASE!

February, 18, 2013 AT 1:01 AM

Maybe you can check with an auto electrician for after market noise filters. That is what I do over here.

edwardrizk

February, 18, 2013 AT 3:54 PM

Can you be more specific as to product name, part #, etc? As I have tried that route without success

February, 28, 2013 AT 1:54 PM

Sorry I am not an expert on this and my electrician is the one solving such problems for me.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler