I HAVE A BOSE RADIOCASSETTE SYSYTEM FACTORY AND ...

• edwardrizk
  • 1989 Chevrolet Corvette

I have a BOSE radio/cassette sysytem (factory) and getting terrible alternator noise when radio is on. I understand this to be a coomon issue with the Bose systems and in C4's. Chevy used to make a filter harness (part # 122485) that has been discontinued and I am unable to get anything else to silence it. Has radio and amplifiers checked and they are working fine. Does anyone know how to deal with this. I also understand that Chevy actually prepared a step by step manual for this but I cannot locate one. Any help, PLEASE!

Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 12:01 AM

• KHLow2008

Maybe you can check with an auto electrician for after market noise filters. That is what I do over here.

Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 1:01 AM
  • edwardrizk

Can you be more specific as to product name, part #, etc? As I have tried that route without success

Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 3:54 PM
  • KHLow2008

Sorry I am not an expert on this and my electrician is the one solving such problems for me.

Thursday, February 28th, 2013 AT 1:54 PM