REVERSE LIGHTS DO NOT COME ON

1988 Toyota

laurel.j

December, 22, 2011 AT 8:22 PM

I have a 1988 EFI Toyota 4 wheel drive and when I put it in reverse, the lights do not come on, however, my brake and running lights are working just fine. I need to get the truck registered, but it won't pass without reverse lights. How can I fix it with. I need to get this truck inspected and registered really soon, and I don't want to have to pay $76 an hour for them to go through the wiring. I an a poor student and don't have the money for that. All the other lights but the reverse lights work.

hmac300

December, 22, 2011 AT 8:32 PM

Check the bulbs first then you'll have to have someone put teh car in reversea nd test if there is any power. It's the red/black wire for teh back up lights. If no power there then go to the nuetral safety switch on the trans and see if it is getting and sending power. If it is you'll have to follow the wire back. Next time tell u sthe modle that you have, like camry, etc.

Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet