MY CAR IDLES FINE BUT UNDER ACCELERATION STALLS AND RPM DROP OUT.

1988 Subaru GL

tyler11

August, 28, 2012 AT 10:31 AM

This car idles fine in or out of gear with the clutch pressed. When you try to drive the car starts to go but the Rpms drop out. It take a few seconds for the motor to come back but very jerky acceleration If you don't depress the clutch. When cut out and the clutch depressed the engine still will not recover and just have to wait the few seconds until it does on it own. Gas pressure fine new fuel pump throttle body injected all pulled and cleaned new battery new plugs wires cap rotor coil. Compression check check out in spec. No check engine light. I am unsure what else do at this point thanks if you can help

August, 28, 2012 AT 10:39 AM

Have the MAF cleaned and retest. Check the throttle position sensor perormance.

tyler11

August, 29, 2012 AT 11:41 AM

OK thanks that sounds like a good idea I will try the MAF and let you know. As far as the TPS how can you test that any ideas?

August, 29, 2012 AT 12:12 PM

There are two types of TPS and you would need a DVOM and feeler gauge to perform tests.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars