MY CAR ONE AFTERNOON WOULDNT START

1988 Nissan Navara

Anonymous

February, 2, 2013 AT 12:05 PM

My car one afternoon wouldn't start. It had previously just been drivable, running and after a 20 minute stop and park the car then wouldn't start. I checked a few things which I thought may have been a problem. Firstly I tried a different battery to see if it was a battery fault. No solution. I then check the wiring for any loose cables. This did get the car going for very short periods of time (car drivable for 40 metres before losing power). I then thought it could have been an alternator problem. The alternator was taken into a mechanic shop and tested on a machine. Everything was fine with the Alternator. After putting the alternator back in the car, it's still just runnable for 40 to 50 metres before losing power. I can't figure out what it could be, but with this information above is there anything that can be worked out what the problem I'm having may be?

February, 3, 2013 AT 1:56 PM

When it could not be started, you need to find out what is missing.
Can the engine be cranked?
Do you have coolant loses issues?
Was the fuel pump and its pressure tested?

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Check above link for more information.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang