ACTS AS IF IT IS OUT OF GAS

1988 Jeep Wagoneer

2CarPros-Archives

December, 9, 2010 AT 10:57 PM

1988 Jeep Wagoneer. While I'm driving my Jeep acts as if it is out of gas. We changed fuel pump, filter and I thought we had the vacuum lines checked however I took it to be in the diagnostic machine and have sensors tested but the man manually tested all except two that he says he could not reach because of their locations somewhere around the transmission, Do you know what two sensors they are? My Jeep runs and when it hits a bump is when it most likely acts like it I running out of fuel the rpm drops to 1 and putt, putt we go until I sometimes keep my foot on the gas and it takes off again okay or sometimes I’ll hit another bump and it goes okay. Please help?

2CarPros-Archives

December, 9, 2010 AT 11:04 PM

Your car is equipped with a computer controlled engine management system. An independent auto service center can scan your computer for fault or error codes. This information should pinpoint the malfunctioning components and or sensors. The problem that you are having may be caused by one of the wiring looms for the engine management system shorting out against the engine or frame. Check for damaged insulation on the wiring looms.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test