HOW TO REPLACE AN IGNITION PICKUP ON AN 1988 JEEP COMMANCHE

• dirr
  • 1988 Jeep Comanche

Wont start replaced ignition module with used part still wont start

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 1:10 AM

• billymac

Hi the ignition pick up is located inside of the distributor you remove the distributor on most and remove the dist shaft to replace but some are just held in place with two screws. Iwould check the crank sensor as well

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 1:22 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

LOOKY HERE----THE WHOLE DISTRIBUTOR FOR A 6 CYLINDER IS $55 WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Cardone-Reman-Distributor/1988-Jeep-Cherokee-4WD/_/N-iug5iZ93xku?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=distributor&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=768903_0_0_

WHAT ENGINE YOU GOT?

I CAN HELP YOU INSTALL THIS THE EZ WAY, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT REMOVE IT/ TURN IT......YET!

ALWAYS WAIT AND TURN YOUR CORE IN AFTER YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING---I'VE SEEN MANY DO IT UP FRONT, HAVE THE WRONG PART, THEN THEIR ORIGINAL IS GONE FOREVER (IF IT WERE SOMETHING SPECIAL) THEN IT'S HARD TO COMPARE PARTS

IF YOU ALREADY PULLED IT AND NEED HELP REINSTALLING THE NEW ONE, I CAN HELP THERE ALSO.....IT'S JUST A BIT MORE COMPLICATED...AND IF YOU ARE NOT AUTO CONSCIOUS,IT'S A PAIN TO GET THE PROCESS ACROSS

WAY MORE EZer IF IT AIN'T BEEN MOVED!....I ALSO HAVE SOME HOMEMADE PICS THAT MAY HELP

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 AT 3:47 AM