LOW GAS MILLIAGE/ TURNING PROBLEMS/ IDEA PROBLEMS

1988 Honda Accord

doarave

My 1988 honda accord 4dr LX auto is getting about 4 miles to the gallon, and the engine feels like its trying to jump out of the car when ever I come to a stop the whole car shakes really hard, if I put it in neutral at a stop the shaking gos down but is still there. It has over 200k miles on it. And the steering is hard to turn, if its a sharp turn you can hear a clinking. Got and info on these problems?

Do you have a check engine light and when was last tune-up?

fixitmr

What do plugs look like? Have you taken a compression test?

fixitmr

Maf/map sensor could be not working right and temp sensor too.

doarave

Full tune up about 6 months ago. But the car still have all problems listed. How would a tune up have anything to do with my steering problem. Spark plugs/ wire new. So what causing the really bad gas milliage? Has to be part that need to be replaced huh?

doarave

The car has no dummy lights on, just really need to know what parts (like fuel pump/fuel regulator/cat converter) thats could be failing to cause these problems.

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge with and w/o the regulator and comeback with the readings

fixitmr

February, 1, 2012 AT 10:30 PM

Pretty old car does it perform ok? How is compression? Clinking could be axle joint noise.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement