CAN A CUT IN POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE KEEP MY FUEL PUMP FROM WORKIN

1988 GMC C1500

spank dem soup cans

October, 5, 2012 AT 10:15 PM

Fuel pump is not kickin on and gave no signs it was gonna go out. And iv been havin various electrical problems likewind shield wipers and turn signal come on and off while headlights are on. No fuel is comin in but it tuns over fine it has happened once before but when I got it running it ran like a champ.

caradiodoc

October, 5, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

What kind of cut are you talking about? How deep, and which wire?

spank dem soup cans

October, 6, 2012 AT 2:10 PM

The positive battery cable where it leads under the engine it looks like it is a clean cut but I think it has been hittin metal and arching and over time it has been burning deeper into the wire it is maybe between 1/8 1/4 in deep also when I turn the ignition to on I was told I would be able to hear the fuel pump kick on is that true if so I dont hear it

caradiodoc

October, 6, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

Any chance you can post a photo of that spot? If the engine cranks, the battery cables are able to pass really high current so they would not be causing other electrical problems. If you're looking at the smaller positive wire leaving the battery terminal, that one does feed other things that could be affected by arcing or a break in it.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test