MY STEERING COLUMN IS SO LOOSE IT IS LIKE FLYING...

1988 Chrysler 5th Avenue

suzanne swanson

January, 13, 2013 AT 4:07 AM

My steering column is so loose it is like flying an airplane with the yolk. The Steering column is all over and almost is in my lap now. I turned the corner to get into my driveway and the car shut off, I almost went into the ditch. How can I fix this problem and how do I do it. Is there a manual on line that I can print off to show me how to fix this problem? I'm a 63 yer old lady that will try to fix anything myself and hopefully I can, I am on a fixed income so a mechanic is basically out of the equation here. Please any information you can give to to help repair this will be so greatly appreciated. I will be awaiting your reply. Thank you.
Have a blessed day, Suzanne

January, 13, 2013 AT 4:11 AM

If the bolts fell out of the tilt section, it will be much harder to repair. You have to remove the steering wheel, turn signal switch and get down to the tilt section and tighten up the 3 attaching bolts.

suzanne swanson

January, 13, 2013 AT 4:19 AM

Thank you I will try that after church in the morning, hopefully this won't turn out to be a huge job. I have never worked on a tilt steering wheel before so this will be interesting. Again thank you for the information.
Hope you have a blessed night and a better day in the morning.
Suzanne

January, 13, 2013 AT 4:19 AM

Same to you

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe