1988 SUBURBAN 350 TBI AUTO WO AC 2WD 89000...

1988 Chevrolet Suburban

1988burb

October, 22, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

1988 suburban, 350, tbi, auto, w/o ac, 2wd, 89,000 miles, gave me a code 45, running rich, new plugs, cap, rotor, read book, replaced EGR, MAP sensor, stil have'nt replaced oxygen sensor or TBS? On the side of the throttle body. It will not idle, and dogs when I give it the gas, I have to keep pumping the peddle to get it to sort of run. To hear it. Sounds like it's missing , but I tuned it up. Except for the wires, the old plugs smelled of gas with some oil on them, It always started and ran with no problem, I never use it, it just sits, it was my fathers, I ran it, and let it idle to keep the battery charged, then one day I noticed it died, so when I restarted it , it threw a code 45. But it still started, but it did'nt start quickly as before, but it still idled, then another day I started it while working on my other vehicle I noticed it had died again, and this time starting it was had and gave me all these problems? Oxygen sensor? Throttle body sensor? Everything else they stated in chilton was changed? Anyone know this problem? Have throttle body rebuilt? Or what? HELP !

October, 22, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

Have the oxygen sensor ever been replaced? If not replace it and also clean out the idle air control valve and check fuel pressure if its within 9-13 psi-start here

1988burb

October, 22, 2012 AT 11:53 PM

Ok, I will replace O2 sensor and clean out idle air control valve along with the pressure test ! Thank you very much !

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:13 AM

Yw and I'll be waiting

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast