MY BMW JUST RECENTLY STARTED RUNNING ROUGH

1988 BMW 528e

Anonymous

October, 22, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

My BMW just recently started running rough. It started a few days after I got an oil change but that may just be a coincidence. The car starts without a problem but when I accelerate it seems as if the gas flow is having interruption and thus makes the car "jerky" and it is also cutting off at red lights but I have been able to restart is so far. I am going to change the spark plugs and fuel filter today but I have a couple questions. Can you tell me where the fuel filter is on my car and also what is the gap setting for the spark plugs. Any help or advice you can give me will be very much appreciated because if I can't get this fixed, I am going to lose my job.

Dr. Hagerty

October, 22, 2012 AT 8:59 PM

Fuel filter is under the car back by the fuel pump, they share the same bracket. Plug gap is.028" to.032"
My advice is to inspect/replace the distributor cap and the wires and to set the valve lash and clean the throttle body, that should make a difference.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element