WINDOW AND RADIO

1987 Mercedes Benz 300d

cjbrinker1

February, 20, 2011 AT 4:18 AM

I have an 87 mercedes 300D and I can't seem to get the driver side window and radio to work properly. We have checked the wires and have torn the consule apart to check wiring but nothing has fixed it. The passenger side window still works so its not the ground or anything. I basically want to know if this is a usuall thing with these cars and if so how is it fixed? I also need to know how to take the door panel off to check it. The antenna is also not working right. And all the fuses have been changed.

Dr Loot

December, 11, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

That is a very common problem due to fact that the window switches are located on top of the console and everybody spills everything on them. The easy check is to remove the passenger side switch plug it into the driver's side and see if the driver side window works, if it does, you will need to take apart the drivers switch and clean the contacts and remove all the garbage.

Dr Loot

December, 11, 2011 AT 1:56 AM

I forgot to mention the antenna, spray some WD-40 on it someone tries to operate it, those antennas sizes all the time because nobody maintenance them.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement