YES I HAVE A 1987 JY JEEP WRANGULAR AND I AM ...

1987 Jeep YJ

M.Denney

May, 12, 2011 AT 1:32 AM

Yes I have a 1987 jy jeep wrangular and I am having problems with the fuel pump powering! Like I should be getting 12 volts to the pump but I am getting a low voltage back their from the connector an I cant seem to find the problem? Please help

May, 12, 2011 AT 4:08 AM

Can you jumper wire 12 Volts off the battery back to the pump. Just to see if it works?

What about replacing the fuel pump relay?

I usually justify "parts changing" (whether it works or not) Saying: It's worked a long time, My Jeep deserves a new one, this is preventative maintenance, If this ain't it--at least the old one can be a spare!

I tried to submit this twice already, lost all of my huntin' and peckin', both times.I had you a link to Autozone, they offered several relays for the fuel pump. Least expensive was right at $23---if that is you, you failed to enter your engine size, so I plugged in 6 cylinder in the Autozone dealee

This is my "Portable Electrical Kit", At the bottom you see a bundled up blue jumper wire--in the blue bag are 5 or 6 more, I finally made the long ones up, as my friend periodically has me troubleshoot/ fix trailer lighting.

Let me know how it's progressing!

The Medic

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test