I WAS PULLING ONE OF MY BUDDIES OUT OF THE MUD

1987 Ford F-100

thunderous power

April, 16, 2011 AT 3:49 AM

I was pulling one of my buddies out of the mud. Yes I was really getting on it, this is my play toy. My truck lost oil pressure. The oil level is in good shape, motor runs just like it did, the water temp. Is in the good.. When this happened my engine light came on and stayed on. Should I replace the oil pressure sending unit or oil pressure gauge.

April, 16, 2011 AT 3:55 AM

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearing

thunderous power

April, 16, 2011 AT 3:58 AM

Thanks.

thunderous power

April, 16, 2011 AT 4:00 AM

Will that make the engine light come on.

April, 16, 2011 AT 5:06 AM

THIS IS SORTA WHAT YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR PRESSURE WITH.

IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE THAT YOU SHEARED/ BROKE THE "LINK" SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM OF THE DISTRIBUTOR AND THE OIL PUMP.

IF THE MECHANICAL GAUGE AIN'T READING NOTHIN' SHUT HIM DOWN!

YOU CAN BUY ONE OF THOSE INEXPENSIVE MECHANICAL UNDER DASH UNITS, TO TEST WITH. FIND ONE YOU LIKE, YOU MAY WANT TO ACTUALLY KEEP/ USE IT UNDER THE DASH PERMANENTLY.

THE "STILL RUNNING GOOD" PART (NO RATTLES OR KNOCKING) DOES POINT YOU TOWARD THE "ELECTRIC SYSTEM". THE SENDERS, WOULD PROBABLY BE EZer TO ACCESS AND EZer TO GET AT A PARTS STORE.I ALSO DOUBT, THE GAUGE WOLD MAKE THE ENGINE LIGHT COME ON.

KEEP US UPDATED

Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20