I WANT TO EXCHANGE THE ENGINE IN MY F150 INTO MY II

1987 Ford Bronco

Anonymous

October, 22, 2012 AT 1:09 PM

Ok, I have a blown 2.9 in this bronco ll right now. On hand I have a complete 300 inline 6 with tranny and transfer case. The bronco has at least 3" of body lift on it. My question is, am I going to have to do any body mods to get this engine in the truck. I won't be using the fan on the engine so that's about 6" of length I'm doing away with right off the bat. I just don't want to go cutting into the firewall if I don't have to.

hmac300

October, 22, 2012 AT 2:33 PM

Obviously this is a bronco II and no a 300 inline won't fit due to lack of room for it.

Craig jaster

October, 22, 2012 AT 7:51 PM

Ok, this is a 3 vehicle project I'm working here. I have a 4x4 f150 with a good 300 inline 6 and good tranny and transfer case, but no title. I was thinking of fabbing cabmounts and putting the body of an extended cab ranger on the f150 frame, and putting the 4.0 out of the ranger into the bronco in place of the blown 2.9 Any thoughts on this?

hmac300

October, 23, 2012 AT 1:52 PM

Lot of work for one, and I think the rangercab is to small for the full size frame, but do what you want. Lot easier just to get another 2.9 or maybe a 4.0 V6 to put in ranger. I'd think. Curse you'll have to chagne computer ifyou go to a larger engine.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5