ADJUSTING REAR VEHICLE HEIGHT

1987 Chrysler Le Baron

karlbrohl

December, 21, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

The rear of the car is not level. There are brand new shocks and coil springs. All of the bushings are good and intact. I put a level on the rear and it's off about an 1/8 of an inch and from behind it's very noticeable. I see it has a trailing arm is there some way to adjust the rear suspension to correct the height and get the car level?
Thank you

fixitmr

December, 21, 2011 AT 12:20 AM

Was it off before ya changed parts? Are you on flat surface front and back? The front can throw off the back. Is front level?

karlbrohl

December, 21, 2011 AT 3:37 PM

I bought the car with the new parts on it from a relative. They said the car has always sat that way. I'm not a Chrysler guy but I figured it would just be a simple fix with perhaps some way of adjusting the height. I have checked front and rear and only the rear is unlevel.I'm adding an image I hope it helps.
Thank you

fixitmr

December, 21, 2011 AT 11:40 PM

Could be the whole car unibody is slightly twisted. That usually makes doors a little 'off' shutting hard or latch problems.

fixitmr

December, 21, 2011 AT 11:45 PM

Always been that way? Manufacturing defect? Should have tried new spring that side only? I assume all tires same size/diameter?

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars