Hi I have a 1987 Buick Park Ave.3.8 water pump leaking need to remove pump pulley there is a dome in the center which prevents getting a socket or wrench on 4 10mm bolts. How do I get the bolts out
Saturday, February 5th, 2011 AT 11:52 PM
There is nothing special about getting those bolts. Here are the factory instructions.
1. Disconnect battery ground cable and drain cooling system.
2. Remove drive belts and disconnect radiator hoses and heater hoses from pump.
3. Remove water pump pulley attaching bolts. The long bolt is accessed through hole in body side rail. Remove pump pulley.
4. Remove water pump attaching bolts and the water pump.
5. Reverse procedure to install.