A/C PROBLEM

1987 BMW 325i

bwtruck

July, 17, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

My 87 bmw 325i a/c wont come on I serviced the freon all swicthes work but no power going to swicth in dash on the compressor side traced problem to evap swicth no power to swicth from computer above glove box viloet w/black trace am I missing something?

thanks Randy

rivermikerat

July, 17, 2011 AT 2:20 AM

Check the AC fuses and relays. Left rear of the engine compartment. There's also one next to the evaporator unit. There's also a fuse behind the A/C control panel. Also check the A/C enable switch behind the control panel. There are also two switches on top of the receiver/dryer, right behind the headlights.

July, 17, 2011 AT 2:29 AM

The Black/Voilet wire receives it power from the White wire of the A/C enable switch via the A/C control switch.

At the A/C enable switch, do you have battery voltage at Green/Brown wire?
If yes and the white wire coming out of it have battery voltage, the A/C control switch is faulty.

bwtruck

July, 17, 2011 AT 11:16 PM

I have traced the problem to the compressor enable swicth no power to white wire at a/c swicth in dash where is comp. Enable swicth

July, 18, 2011 AT 1:11 PM

That is the switch you push to enable the compressor. It should look like a ring made up of crystals if it is not labelled A/C.

July, 18, 2011 AT 1:13 PM

Should be item # 15 in diagram.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement