A/C CONFIGERATION

1986 Jaguar XJS

my86jaguarxjsmark2

March, 1, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

I have removed the air conditioning condensor on my 1986 xjs and capped the coolant radiator output as well as the fuel cooler cold air input(where the hoses used to go). I bought the car in non running condition and have redone the wiring on the FI as well as the fuel rail hoses to the injectors.(Due to a previous small fire before I purchased the car). I've tried to start it several times with limited sucess. Starting and running BRIEFLY with the aid of starting fluid. I'm wondering if I need to re-install the condesor and hoses in order for the engine to run correctly. Since it did start and run, I'm assuming that the timming is correct and hope that it doesn't continue running might be due to the a/c SYSTEM being complete. Do you have any thoughts on this, or suggestions? I'd very much appreciate any help. Thank you Karl

Low Side Hose

1 ANSWER

A/c Hose

massey165r

December, 29, 2012 AT 7:16 PM

Hi Karl
My wife bought the car from you and found the problem was the wire that trggered the ECU to send a pulse to open the injectors had an earth sheild around it. Due to the fire the insulation had melted which earthed this wire as a result no pulse was being sent to the ECU. I stripped the wire stopped the earthing and the car started and ran fine. Kind Regards
Ian

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace