86

1986 Honda CRX

dee727

My 1986 CRX does the same thing, when I start it in the morning it will idle fine until it warms up. The car runs great otherwise. Do you think the shutoff stops working after it gets hot? I know it works when its cold because I tested it last time I had it apart.

Running Hot

Jacobandnickolas

April, 4, 2011 AT 6:05 PM

Check the EGR, check for vacuum leaks.

dee727

April, 4, 2011 AT 6:16 PM

Funny you should reply today, I'm on my way to a shop that thinks they can fix it. I will let you know what happens.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 4, 2011 AT 6:21 PM

Sorry for the delay. We get so many questions. Any donation question has to be answered in 24 hours. The non-donation questions we try to get to ASAP, but there are so many, it takes time. Again, sorry for the delay, but I would like to hear what they find.

dee727

April, 11, 2011 AT 8:36 PM

Got my car back, the mechanic found vacuum leaks on the carb throttle plate and the spacer plate idles great now.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 12, 2011 AT 3:13 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. Based on your description, I had a feeling it delt with a vacuum leak. I'm glad you got it taken care of. Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Take care,

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230