4.9 STRAIGHT 6 300. JUST REPLACED OIL PAN SEAL.

1986 Ford Bronco

Delton

August, 1, 2012 AT 11:26 AM

Ok here it goes again, I just replaced the oil pan seal in my 1986 bronco. After I replaced it, the exhaust or intake valves are ticking really bad, Which makes me think they aren't oping all the way or not opening at all. Did the oil pump lose prime and when it lost prime it got an air bubble some where? Can anyone help me out

August, 1, 2012 AT 12:21 PM

Have the oil pressure checked. Was the oil strainer clean when you removed the oil pan?

What oil grade did you use?
Oil would not have any bubbles as it is under pressure all the time and would self bleed as soon as the engine is running.

Delton

August, 1, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

Yes and it has high oil pressure which is normal for this motor. And I used 10W30. The oil strainer was surprisingly very clean.

August, 2, 2012 AT 6:03 PM

Hydraulic lash adjusters can fail anytime. Mostly they would work intermittently resulting in tapping noises and might go away and come back, unless it has failed completely.

Delton

August, 3, 2012 AT 8:38 PM

Well since then It has gone away, Never figured out what it was. Thanks for all the Information though

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5