1986 Chevrolet Truck Radio wireing

JOHNATHONJAG
  • 1986 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I need some help on how to wire a pioneer car radio in to an 86 Chevy c30
Monday, December 14th, 2015 AT 5:11 PM

What's the question?
Monday, December 14th, 2015 AT 5:51 PM
JOHNATHONJAG
I am trying to wire in a pioneer radio in my 86 Chevy c30 truck but I don't know how
Monday, December 14th, 2015 AT 7:40 PM
The best approach is to get a wiring adapter harness. No cutting of wires and no splicing. If you do choose to cut and splice, the only acceptable method is to solder the splices, then seal them with heat-shrink tubing. Never use electrical tape. It will unravel into a gooey mess on a hot day.
Monday, December 14th, 2015 AT 8:21 PM
JOHNATHONJAG
Where can I get a wireing harness from?Is there a way to just hot wire the radio?What does each Color of wire go too?
Monday, December 14th, 2015 AT 8:56 PM
You can find adapter harnesses at Best Buy. You might be better off just letting them install the radio for you.

I'm trying to find a drawing I made of GM's wire colors and plug colors, but it appears I'm going to have to look on a different computer. I've had seven crashes among five computers in five months, so I've lost track of some of my wonderful stuff.

Your new radio will have the wire colors listed on a sticker on it or in the owner's manual. With my drawing, you can figure out which wires to connect together.
Monday, December 14th, 2015 AT 10:02 PM
JOHNATHONJAG
Can you send me your drawing?
Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 AT 3:37 AM
Yup, I'm not ignoring you. I have to find the right flash drive where I saved it. In the meantime, here's my sad drawing of GM's radio plugs from the late '80s to mid '90s. If I remember correctly, the wire colors are the same. It's just the size and shape of the plugs are different.
+1
Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 AT 4:38 PM