I HAVE A WONDERFUL OLD 1985 240 VOLVO THAT HAS ...

1985 Volvo 240

Anonymous

I have a wonderful old 1985 240 Volvo that has never let me down (5 years now) but yesterday I got into the car, turned the starter and notice the alternator dash light up. Big and bright. So truned off and when ignition was on found I had no dashboard warning lights. Once started again I found no indicators working although head lights and flashers still work. Driving home also noticed that the rev counter did not work either. I sduspect a failed Alternator but would appreciate a second opinion. If so, is it normal they should fail so suddenly with no warning.

blaze45

It could be the alternator or battery. If you can get the car to Orileys or Autozone they can hook it up and tell you for free. Also, the battery cables having a bad connection could also cause this.

blaze45

I think the fuse locations for the headlights are 9 & 32 inside the car? Maybe under the hood, its been a while.

blaze45

Whoops, replied to the wrong post. Please pay no attention to the last post.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement