HOW TO FIX TRANSMISSON

1985 Porsche 944

Chadm

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:40 AM

It shifts in to gear, but the car wont go. When you let off the clutch the car just shakes.

Clutch Problems

Clutch

1 IMAGE

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:43 AM

I feel that the clutch has failed, this is a rather big job on a 944, I would get few quotes first.

Chadm

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:48 AM

The clutch had been replaced. Drove it for a while and the transmission loosened up. I tightened it down and this is wha its doing now.

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:52 AM

I feel that the clutch is slipping, either the pressure plate is loose or it is faulty, if the clutch housing was loose that is not a great sign, how long ago was it installed? Any warranty?

Chadm

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:11 AM

Really I dont know I am trying to fix for a friend he changed it hisself it has sat since then I went and looked at it and that is what it did looking for help on what I can do for him

Chadm

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:13 AM

And when in gear u can still push it like in nuturl

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:14 AM

I do think that you will have to pull the clutch out again and do a full inspection.

Chadm

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:18 AM

Is there any videos I might be able to see or place with like how tos on taking it out and back in

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 6:22 AM

There is nothing on Porsche, best to go get a work shop manual, there fairly cheap and this will give you all the info you need with pics and step by step instructions.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions