BELT ROUTING DIAGRAM FOR AN 85 OLDS CIERA.

1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass

missyuneek

December, 15, 2011 AT 6:56 PM

PLEASE! I cannot find one anywhere! Not under hood, not available with belt purchase, and it came off, I didnt take them off. There are 3 belts. I can do it myself if I just know where to put them. I will have to have car towed and spend a few hundred (w towing) for such a simple thing!If I had know I wouldnt find diagram I would have ordered a new manual, but I need it done today! (If possible)Thank you,
Missy

Jacobandnickolas

December, 15, 2011 AT 7:05 PM

Go to our homepage under the DIY section. Look for belt routing diagrams. You will find the needed info there.

missyuneek

December, 15, 2011 AT 7:23 PM

I did that first. There was 86 but not 85. In 86 they switched to 1 belt instead of 3
I'm so frustrated. I would pay to have it asap

Jacobandnickolas

December, 15, 2011 AT 9:34 PM

Which engine do you have? I will try to find it.

missyuneek

December, 15, 2011 AT 10:02 PM

I have the 4 cylinder I think it's 2.5 liter. It's a Brougham, not diesle. It would be so awesome if you could find it. You would not believe how many sites I've checked. Even AutoZone repair info and looking up individual belt trying the 'view job for part selected'. In a forum the answer was 'its really easy to replace, just move tensioner and put it on where other one came off'! And my favorite, 'look at diagram'
does this reply go on web page?
Thank you so much for following up.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 15, 2011 AT 10:19 PM

I hate to say it, but I can't find it from here. I will have to check at work tomorrow.

missyuneek

December, 18, 2011 AT 2:51 AM

Did you have any luck finding it at work? A sideview of the engine (side belts go on of course). I tried to get diagram looking up individual belts, no luck, but if info is correct the longer belt is 50' but didn't name parts it attaches to, then I assume the other two belts are 40" and one description I believe said wp/ps. I hope you can find any information that would help. If I can't fix it myself tomorrow I have to it towed resultng in needing it to be fixed at a garage (per rules of property owner - No disabled vehicles, and having been warned I'm pushing my luck)
once again I appreciate any help I can get. Asap!

Missy

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz