THE PARKING/EMERGENCY BRAKE IS MESSED UP

• darg49
  • 1985 Nissan Truck

The emergency brake seemed to stick or not release properly, the rear brakes were done and the emergency brakes were disconnected at that time. Just trying to get the emergency brake and shocks taken care of on the truck. Then it should be just fine until the next issue happens. Just want to make sure I have the proper part number before purchasing. Just wanting to know if Part # BC95611 and Part # BC95624 from brakebest are the correct items that I found on Oreilly auto parts website. Also interested in any suggestion you have to this problem of mine.

Monday, March 12th, 2012 AT 11:19 PM

• rivermikerat

We have no idea what's causing the problem, so we can't tell you whether those listed part numbers will fix the problem. They appear to be the primary and secondary parking brake cables. If the cable ends fit and the lengths are right, and the present cables are frozen up, then it looks like these should fix your problem, if properly installed.

Monday, March 12th, 2012 AT 11:34 PM