HOW DO I FIX BRAKE PROBLEMS?

1988 Nissan Truck

Papajohnslice

February, 26, 2012 AT 10:27 AM

I have an 88' Nissan Pickup Truck with brake problems, the rear drum brakes work, but the front disk brakes don't, I bleed the brake system properly, and this worked for a few days, but then the disk brakes failed again, what can cause this?

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

February, 26, 2012 AT 10:47 AM

Have you checked the master cylinder?

Papajohnslice

February, 27, 2012 AT 8:06 AM

Yes I did, it was leaking against the power booster, so I know I will have to replace the Master Cylinder, but my friend told me if it leaks on the power booster I will need to replace it as well, is this true?

February, 27, 2012 AT 12:50 PM

If the booster is not leaking, it is not necessary to replace it. Just ensure it has not been flooded by brake fluids. If it ha, you would need to drain it, and a fine vinyl tube should do the trick.

Papajohnslice

February, 28, 2012 AT 10:14 AM

Alright thanks, that answered my question, I checked everything and the power booster was still good, but I had to replace the master cylinder, thanks for all your help.

February, 28, 2012 AT 1:26 PM

You're welcome.

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a great day.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front