1. Remove battery ground cable form battery.
2. Disconnect engine wire harness from the alternator, and remove terminal nut. Remove both the alternator adjusting bolt and the alternator bolt.
3. Remove the alternator belt from the alternator pulley.
To gain access to the alternator, it may be necessary to disconnect the left drive shaft from the steering knuckle.
4. Remove the air cleaner case and intake manifold for Fuel Injected vehicles.
Mark the location of the vacuum hoses before disconnecting them from the intake manifold. This will ensure proper assembly of the vacuum hoses.
5. Remove the alternator bolt and the alternator.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, November 18th, 2012 AT 3:24 PM