NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP, CANT FIND FUSE OR RELAY

1985 Ford LTD

chipper10

February, 11, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

Replaced relays on left apron and replaced, NO power to fuel pump wire. How does a fuel injection pump Replaced everything, no power to pump or wiring to pump, does it rum intermittently or suppose to run all the time. Tryn to just get power by other means now

Fuel Pump No Power

1 ANSWER

Jacobandnickolas

February, 11, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

After the engine is started, it should run all the time. Fuel pressure is regulated via the fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pump relay should be under the hood in a relay box.

February, 11, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

Check the inertia fuel cutoff switch

chipper10

February, 11, 2012 AT 7:26 PM

No 1 seems to be able to find any other relays or fuses, Ive been doing this crap for 29 yrs and sum1 has destryd this car and the wiring. CAN I JUST RUN A HOT WIRE N GROUND TO THE FACTORY PUMP HARNESS PLUG( That goes to pump)
AND BE OK OR NOT?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 11, 2012 AT 7:47 PM

If you do that, it will run all the time unless you take power from a switched component. Also, if the vehicle is in an accident, the pump will continue running which could be a serious fire hazard. I wound not recommend it.

red hot scott

May, 7, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

My 1985 Ford LTD LX H.O. 5.0L E.F.I. Has the inertia fuel cutoff switch and fuel pump relay in the trunk above the right wheel well, I'm not an 'expert' about the other models.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps