MY WAIT TO START LIGHT IS NOT COMING ON

1985 Ford F-250

ChrisTracey

October, 29, 2011 AT 3:06 PM

I have a Ford F250 diesel 7.3; the "wait to start" light will not come on; initially when I got in the wait to start light came on and when I went to start it, it sounded like it would turn over but it wouldnt start; now the wait to start light will not come back on at all and it still will not start. Thanks in advance!

Ian Nordman

November, 8, 2011 AT 3:19 PM

I had same problem with my 87 f250 diesel. This can be caused by many things. First, if a glowplug or two are burnt out, the glow plug controller will not function properly. Secondly it could be a bad glow plug controller and or glow plug relay. In your case it sounds like a glow plug controller and relay isnt functioning. But I would check all glowplugs to make sure they are functioning properly too. Autozone has glow plug controller for 80 bucks with lifetime warrenty and relay is 20 bucks. These are easy to install items

rivermikerat

November, 20, 2011 AT 6:20 AM

Ian is right, I believe. Those would be my first items to check.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right