THE HEATERDEFROST SUDDENLY WONT PUT OUT ENOUGH ...

1985 Ford Bronco

collegemom

November, 18, 2012 AT 6:13 AM

The heater/defrost suddenly wont put out enough air to keep the windows from fogging even on high, just from one drive to the next on the same day within a few hours.

Thanks,
Lynne

hmac300

November, 18, 2012 AT 3:11 PM

Check for a blockage in the heater as well as proper blower function. Also check to seff if all doors in heater are working to direct air it may not be directing air. Check for a vacuuum leak from engine to control to vacuum motor on heater

collegemom

November, 18, 2012 AT 7:40 PM

Thank you so very much, I will see what I can find. I really appreciate it, I live in Bend, Oregon, and it is starting to get pretty cold. I love my Bronco, but it is not a cold weather truck in the morning when I take my son to High School and then me to college it takes a while to warm up regardless of the heater issue.

Thanks again,

Lynne

hmac300

November, 18, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

One thing I did forget was to check to see if ou have awater valve on engine or on one of the hoses. It is run by vacuum as well and they can go bad so heat won't go to the heater. If both hoses are hot with engine warm then it's working

collegemom

November, 19, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

Thank you again! I will climb up and take look, I did order the Chilton manual for it but it only tells me how to fix something once I know what the problem is.

Thanks again,
Lynne

Climate Control Stuck on Defrost?
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro