BEST AND MOST AFFORDABLE WAY TO FRESHEN UP MY 9

1985 Dodge Truck

jamisu

September, 26, 2011 AT 10:56 PM

Best and most affordable way to freshen up my 9.25 rearend on 4x4 w/ a 12 bolt cover. When placed in drive it clanks, nothing to do with u-join

hmac300

September, 26, 2011 AT 11:06 PM

Check your ujoints first, then see if your washers behind the spider gears are worn out. That is a big cause of that.

jamisu

October, 17, 2011 AT 8:43 PM

U-joints are fine. Can and may you give me the instructions on replacing these washers because i'm almost certain these are my problems. Thanks and i'll try donating in the near future.

hmac300

October, 17, 2011 AT 10:36 PM

You will have to get teh gears from the inside of the carrier if it has a pin then remove it and roll the gearsout, take the washers out and replace wih new reassemble

jamisu

October, 27, 2011 AT 12:10 AM

Sounds simple but im sure it isnt. Any special torques I should beware of

jamisu

October, 27, 2011 AT 12:13 AM

Sounds easy enough anything a beginner should beware of. I heard of such things like backlash, whats the trick to that.

hmac300

October, 27, 2011 AT 12:16 AM

Backlash is for the ring and pinion and as long as you aren't changing any of htat which you sholdn't be with the gears inside the carrieryou really don'teeven need to take teh ring gear out. But if you start to change teh bearings on the
pinion then you'll have to be concerned with backlash.

jamisu

October, 27, 2011 AT 12:39 AM

O.K i'll try er. Just tap out the pin and the entire ? What, will just fall out. Is it the gearset that will slide out. After that i'll hammer off the old spider washers and replace with new. Where I wonder would be the best place to purchase these. Thanks expert

hmac300

October, 27, 2011 AT 1:26 PM

You'll have to see if there is aroll pin or bolt holding the main pin in. It would be best if you went back to the site here and get eth 3 day manual for about $10 copy it and keep it to walk you through the way to do this. You really soundconfused on this.

Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads