MY CAR IS RUNNING RICH

• nichisthemaster
  • 1985 Chrysler Le Baron

Hey I have a big problem I have a 85 fuel injected lebaron. It is running way to rich if I can start it there is no power when I put it in gear my mechanic says it is getting 24 pounds of gas pressure and it should get 14. I have replaced the logic module, map sensor, fuel injector, fuel pressure regulator, and I have blown through the return line to the tank nothing has made any diffrence. Please help me I am in need of this car and I dont know what to try now. Thank You

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 2:12 AM

• ASEMaster6371

I would look at the map sensor as it is common along with the fuel pressure regulator for this issue

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 2:19 AM
  • nichisthemaster

I bought a new map sensor maybe it was no good should I try another one. I have a obd scanner and it came up with code 26 which says fuel injector peak not reached. Thanks for helping me

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 2:53 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

If the sensor is bad, try a new one. Keep in mind, you may have a bad wire or something.

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 3:00 AM
  • nichisthemaster

When This happened I could still drive home it just used more gas but now it has got worse. When I blew through the return gas line I unhooked the line at the tank could there still be blockage from there into the tank? Thanks

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 4:19 AM
  • M_H_RITZEL

Try cleaning the throttle body out with a cleaner. Have seen some carbon build up and clog the air mixture.

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 3:53 PM