REPAIRED PARTS IN DISTRIBUTOR NO POWER ON HWY WHAT WILL HELP?

1985 Chevrolet Truck

mesmeb2003

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:20 PM

Worked on distributor on 1985 chevy truck 305 motor. Replaced almost ever thing in top of distributor. Even turned it some to get it started. Now cranks good, idels good just no power like before work was done.

Distributor Popping

Wrenchtech

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:40 PM

I guess that means the distributor was never the problem. Check the exhaust for excessive backpressure indicating possible plugged Catalytic Converter.

mesmeb2003

November, 10, 2011 AT 2:01 AM

But the things we replaced were checked out and were bad part. Were replaced think the distributor was tuned to much. Some one else turned not sure which way it was turned. Know that you have no power to run if turned too far one way or shut off the other. The thing is not hitting right. Guess I will have to turn it to get it better trial & error. Thank you if you find any thing send me mail thank you

Wrenchtech

November, 10, 2011 AT 2:04 AM

You have to get the distributor timed correctly before you look any further.

mesmeb2003

November, 15, 2011 AT 7:13 PM

Can a vacum line be in wrong place to cause no power on road was woring good un we tried to replace vacum lines that we not there?

November, 15, 2011 AT 7:17 PM

Did you mark the distributor before you took it out or just remove parts while in place-If you took it out and didn't stab it correctly like Mr. Wrench said you need to retime the distibutor-

mesmeb2003

November, 15, 2011 AT 7:21 PM

Did not remove the distributor just replaced som part that went to the insides and on top where power coils is at. Cranks good idels good no power something wrong don't know what it is?

cadieman

November, 15, 2011 AT 7:30 PM

Remove the o2 sensor and test drive. The power will come back if the exhaust is clogged up.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Ignition System Test Guide
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet