JAMMED DOOR LOCKS

1984 Jaguar XJ6

hoodlumph

April, 19, 2011 AT 7:36 PM

I can just open the driver's door of my jaguar xj6. All the other door locks are jammed. I removed the sidings on the passenger door and tried to force open it but still no luck. How should I go about opening these doors?

jim r.

February, 19, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Roll up the window, remove the window guide closests to the latch. You will have to use a phillips screwdriver for only one screw located at the bottom of the door. Pop the rubber slide out of the metal holder and remove the metal holder. Now you will be able to see a metal pin toward the key lock. Take a screwdriver and push up on this and your door should open. Once open, disassemble the entire mechanism (4 phillips screws on the outside of the door) 4clips that hold the handle and lock rods in place, and remove the entire mechanism. Use penetrating oil to loosen all parts and replace.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement