1984 DAIHATSU CHARADE VIBRATION ON 70 KMPH AND BRAKES WARPI

• asifkhan
  • 1984 Daihatsu Charade

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1984 Daihatsu Charade 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 250000 miles

Hello!I have a Diahatsu Charade G11--5 Gear Manual transmission, Right hand drive.
The prolem is it vibrates and wobbles above 70 KMph.
The Main problem is that the Brake pedals keep jumping when I brake above 70. This causes the brake Discs to be warped every month or so. I have changed the axle, suspension, brake Hub and even the discs about 2 times, but the problem comes back. Also there is a soft grinding sound (like "Kaccha Kaccha) from the left side which seems to stay no matter how many axels or brakes I get tuned or replaced.

Please help there is no solution in the past 4 years!

Friday, April 23rd, 2010 AT 12:21 AM

• locolowco

I had the same problem. For months. Until I unintentionally burrowed my cousins rims for a show off. And realized that the problem stopped. I found out that my rims/magwheels has the problem. Its not a perfect circle anymore. This problem can't be ssen by our own naked eyes but when you go at 70-100km/h, this little uneven part makes the car vibrate/wiggle like hell.

Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 AT 1:09 PM
  • rasmataz

Use a micrometer and Mike the brake rotors to check if its warped/out of roundness/parallelism

Monday, October 24th, 2011 AT 9:18 PM