I HAVE A FOUR SPEED MANUAL FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ...

1984 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe

lauralovemusic@gmail.com

December, 16, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

I have a four speed manual four wheel drive Chevy Custom Deluxe Half ton pickup with hubs. I was plowing snow when I heard a metal sounding pop and then discovered I'd lost my front wheel drive. What could have broken? Has anyone else out there had this problem. There are around 200,000 miles on the truck if that matters.

December, 16, 2012 AT 8:32 PM

FRONT WHEELS IN THE AIR

HOLD ONE STILL----TURN THE OTHER

DOES THE FRONT DRIVE SHAFT TURN?

NO TURN. BROKE HUB. BROKE AXLE

DRIVE SHAFT DOES TURNTRANSFER CASE PROBLEM

lauralovemusic@gmail.com

December, 16, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

When the front wheels are in the air and I hold one still and turn the other, the front drive shaft does turn. The front drive shaft does turn and there are no broken hubs or broken axles. What is a transfer case problem?

December, 17, 2012 AT 6:20 AM

OK MUSIC GAL!

THE TRANSFER CASE IS WELL.........

YOUR ENGINE IS CONNECTED TO THE TRANSMISSIONTRANNY CHANGES THE GEARS SO THAT YOUR ENGINE CAN "HANDLE" THE LOAD FROM STARTING FROM "0"MPH TO HOWEVER FAST YOU GO!

2 WD AND 4 WD VEHICLES HAVE THIS

4 WD VEHICLES HAVE SORTA ANOTHER TRANSMISSION SORTA DEVICE---IT CONNECTS TO THE REAR OF THE TRANNYIT'S JOB IS TO RUN EITHER THE 2WD OR 4WD SELECTION YOU MAKE IN THE COCKPIT

YOURS MAY BE TORE UP TERRIBLY (LET'S HOPE NOT!)

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE FLUIDS IN THE ENGINE/TRANSMISSION/ TRANSFER CASE/ FRONT DIFFERENTIAL/ REAR DIFFERENTIAL?????

NEED MORE INFO?.........ONE OF THESE WOULD BE YOUR BET FRIEND.....SEE "MY ANSWER" IN HERE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

I HAVE 2 JEEPS---GONNA SHOW YOU WHAT I USE TO FILL MY DRIVE TRAIN ITEMS (NOT THE ENGINE) I'LL SHOW YOU SOME PICS OF BOTH OF MY (MANUAL) TRANSMISSIONS AND TRANSFER CASESI'VE HAD BOTH SETS OUT FOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS RECENTLY

YOURS MAY BE SIMILAR (OR NOT)---YOU MAY HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TRANNYYOU MAY ALSO HAVE "MOTORIZED" STUFF THAT SHIFTS YOUR TRANSFER CASE IN AND OUT OF 4WD (WHICH COULD ALSO BE YOUR PROBLEM)MY STUFF IS ALL MANUAL (WHEN I SHIFT THE TRANSFER CASE IT'S ALL IN MY HAND AND ARM!)

YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TYPE OF FLUID GOES INTO EACH PARTFIND THE "FILL PLUG" TOO

YOUR TURN

Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement