I BOUGHT AN 84 CORVETTE WITH CROSSFIRE INJECTION...

1984 Chevrolet Corvette

jdrouell

February, 12, 2013 AT 11:49 AM

I bought an 84 corvette with crossfire injection I'm getting pulse to the passenger side tbi but not the driver side the car only has 46 thousand original miles but has set stored since the early 90s I replaced the fuel pump strainer as well as cleaned out the tank I always wanted a vette but I think I'm in over my head on this one also I checked all the leads and no bad wires thanx in advance for any help on where to go next

February, 12, 2013 AT 11:52 AM

Most likely the ecm has failed as it controls this function.

jdrouell

February, 12, 2013 AT 11:54 AM

And there's no way short of replacing the unit to see if that's the problem is there and just so I'm clear when it comes to electrical I'm as wet behind the ears as the come

February, 12, 2013 AT 12:01 PM

Well, I am here and you are there. If I had the car, I would scope the actions of this system. It is a very good system when it is tuned correctly. I have done a lot of these with good success. I am giving you my opinion from my expierence and the what you have told me.

Make sure there is 12 volts to the injector on one side as the ecm toggles the injectors based on inputs.

jdrouell

February, 12, 2013 AT 12:08 PM

Ok thank you very much for all your help ill check the voltage first thing today

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe